Dog Lake via Butler Fork

 Rating: 🌲🌲🌲🌲

Length: 5.3 miles. Elevation Gain: 1811 Feet. Date Hiked: June 5, 2021

The above picture is the only time I have actually seen Dog Lake look somewhat clear. Usually, it looks like a mud puddle. This was a pleasant surprise. Four out of five trees. It was a nice hike. I am not in ideal hiking shape so I couldn't give it a five tree rating. 

We arrived at our hiking trailhead in the late afternoon. From the trailhead, we had never gone straight up to the lake. But, there's a first time for everything. So, instead of our usual loop, we hiked straight up to the lake. Leti motored right along. I huffed and puffed all the way up. 

The canyon was super pretty here.

Me at the lake. I was still a little shocked that the lake was somewhat clear. 

Leti looking thrilled at the lake. 
A nice patch of quakies on the way to the lake. 

This was a very pleasant hike. It was a quick five miles, but I had been needing a little time in the mountains. Everything was green and beautiful still. I am hoping this is a vision of things to come. The drought is quite serious, but I hope and pray for rain! It was another beautiful day in the mountains! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kane Lake in the Great State of Idaho

Sawtooth Hiking Vacation - Version: I think we are on the trail.

Mount Baldy and Sugarloaf Peak Loop