Silver Lake to Twin Lakes to Lake Mary Loop

 
Rating: 🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳

Date Hiked: Oct. 2, 2020. Distance: 4ish miles. Elevation Gain: 1,066 feet

I usually don't like to shirk my duties at work, but on this particular Friday, I couldn't take it anymore. The hills were calling, and I must go. So, I left work five minutes early without telling anyone. Except it is now on this blog for the universe to see. And, I have to say, I think it was a really good decision. Leti and I wanted to sneak in a hike before General Conference. Since we loose daylight pretty early these days, Friday after work worked perfectly. 

We hit the trail and passed a bunch of people on the way up to the Twin Lakes. For the record, I was in serious need of 15 liters of O2. Leti, not so much. When we got to the lake, we had to put on our warm clothes. And then, we decided to walk around the lake, which proved a lot more eventful than we imagined. If we were planning on camping, we decided this would be a great spot. As there isn't a bathroom, we didn't think there would be a lot of competition for this particular spot. But, it was so peaceful and nice. So lovely. 

After we left the lake, we headed over to Lake Mary. It's a lovely little hike through some interesting terrain. There are big boulder fields and then nice little forests with perfect pine needley trails. 

A boulder field with beautiful fall colors off to the side. 

Leti, taking in the view. And, wearing her new pack pack. :) 

I am in love with this view! 

Leti at Lake Mary. The colors were at a high point. The lake was at a lower point.

I liked this picture. The fall colors. The lake. The mountains. This does good things for my soul. 

We hiked back to our car, and in good news, it was still light! This was another successful hike in the books! 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kane Lake in the Great State of Idaho

Sawtooth Hiking Vacation - Version: I think we are on the trail.

Mount Baldy and Sugarloaf Peak Loop